Carla Folkert: Planning & Zoning Chair
The Planning & Zoning Commission meets the first Tuesday of every month at 7 PM at the Elgin Fire Hall
Zoning Ordinances can be viewed by clicking on the following:
To Do List for Permits:
We strongly encourage you to attend a P & Z Meeting for more information and to discuss your project to see if a permit is required.
1) Submit completed building permit application. Click on: Building Permit Application for application form.
2) If you are signing the application form yourself, (not a licensed contractor) please also complete the following: Waiver
3) Submit a site plan showing property boundaries and building(s) locations. Dimensions should show distance from building to all property lines. Include length and width of property and home.
4) Submit a set of plans which include footing, foundation, wall & roof details (if applicable)
5) Please return items to CITY HALL- 130 E Main Street, PO Box 236
To speak with the Planning and Zoning chairperson, Carla Folkert, please call City Hall to get her contact information.