Elgin Economic Development Authority $1000 Grant Program
- Grant to be applied for within 30 days of closing. (Must provide Real Estate Closing Settlement Statement)
- Home must be located within Elgin City limits.
- Home must be used as primary residence of buyers. Buyer and property are ineligible for future grants for a period of five years from date of original grant. (This limitation applies to the property address not to buyer)
- Program becomes effective with purchase agreements signed after May 1, 2012.
- Grant must be refunded if property is sold or changes status as primary residence within five years.
- Offer subject to change or can be terminated without notice.
- Other terms and conditions may apply.