50% – 50% Cost Sharing
The Elgin EDA is again sponsoring the Tree Planting Program. This is an effort by the Elgin EDA to give residents incentive to plant trees. New housing additions are especially urged to participate in the program.
The guidelines below must be followed to qualify for this program.
- Tree purchase applications will be processed on a first come first served basis.
- Applications will be issued until budgeted funds are expended.
- Purchaser will pay 50% of the purchase price of the tree.
- Property owners will be able to purchase two (2) trees per calendar year.
- Due to City Hall being closed to visitors, orders can be placed via email to [email protected] by May 15th
- Trees will be available to pick up in August.
- Disclaimer: The Elgin EDA reserves the right to discontinue this program at anytime without notice.
- All guidelines and rules must be adhered to.
- Trees must be planted on city residents property site.
- Placement of trees on property must be approved by Elgin Public Works.
- It is the responsibility of property owner to get a Gopher State One call to locate any underground utilities. 1-800-252-1166
- These trees come with no guarantee.
- Payment in full at time of tree order.
- Checks will be made payable to Elgin EDA.
- There will be no refunds.
- It is the responsibility of the property owner to properly care for and maintain the trees.